By reading this website, purchasing a self-guided tour, or signing up for The Emerald Palate email list, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to abide by the terms of service outlined below. These include, but are not limited to:
- Your agreement not to copy, distribute, or modify the contents produced by The Emerald Palate without written permission and a link back to the original source.
- Your agreement not to hold The Emerald palate liable for any misinformation or harm that comes to you after consuming content created by The Emerald Palate.
- Our promise that we will not share your personal information except in the case of anonymized and aggregated information, with your explicit consent, or if obligated by law.
Please read the following carefully.
All prices listed are in USD and are inclusive of sales tax. All sales are final. Your purchase will be handled by PayPal. The Emerald Palate is not responsible for your purchases or the information you share with PayPal. By making a purchase you acknowledge that you understand and agree to PayPal’s legal and privacy policies. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Emerald Palate, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers, and third-party partners from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, resulting or arising from, or incurred in connection with, any negligence, fraud, or misuse of your information by PayPal or in the case that you violate PayPal’s policies.
All content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. The Emerald Palate makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The Emerald Palate will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The Emerald Palate will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. If you notice incorrect information, please contact adria (at) emeraldpalate (dot) com.
As a convenience to you, The Emerald Palate provides links that allow you to connect with websites that are not under The Emerald Palate’s control. You access these sites at your own risk. The Emerald Palate is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, nor does the appearance of a link imply The Emerald Palate’s endorsement.
All content included on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, photographs, digital downloads and data compilations is the property of The Emerald Palate and is protected by United States and international copyright laws.
You are allowed to copy, print, or distribute such content only as follows:
- You may print individual pages but cannot copy or download a large portion of the website.
- You may download, print, distribute, and use pages from the website only for informational, non-commercial purposes with written permission from The Emerald Palate. This does not apply to content you purchase, like self-guided tours. These cannot be distributed, modified, or altered in anyway.
- Any copies of such documents or pages must attribute back to The Emerald Palate with a link to the original source on The Emerald Palate’s website.
Please note that The Emerald Palate sometimes accepts payment or gifts from third-party companies. The exchange of money, goods, or services does not guarantee a feature or endorsement. Only content deemed appropriate for The Emerald Palate will be included on the website or emails and any content where money, goods, or services were exchanged will be noted at the bottom of the content. All opinions are that of The Emerald Palate and does not necessary mean it is the opinion of the third-party company featured.
Using This Website
This site is provided by The Emerald Palate LLC and may be used for your informational purposes only. You may not use this website to commit any violation of federal, state, local, or international laws, regulations, or other governmental requirements. The Emerald Palate reserves the right to report any activity that may violate any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties, and it may be done without prior notice to you.
You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of this site. Any such violation may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. Examples of prohibited security violations include, but are not limited to: (a) logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use; (c) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem, or network related to the website or to any of The Emerald Palate’s computer or computer system; (d) tampering, hacking, modifying, or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures; (e) transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer’s functionality or the operation of the website; (f) interfering with, intercepting, or expropriating any system, data, or information; and (g) interfering with service to any user, host, or network including, but not limited to, by means of overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” any system, subsystem, or network related to the website or otherwise.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Emerald Palate, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers, and third-party partners from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, resulting or arising from, or incurred in connection with, any violations by you of these Terms of Service.
Limitation of Liability
THE EMERALD PALATE AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF (OR THE INABILITY TO USE) THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS, OR A WEBSITE LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION, COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE FAILURE, OR OTHER COMPUTER MALFUNCTION.
This policy describes the types of information The Emerald Palate may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.emeraldpalate.com and its practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Children Under the Age of 13
This website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. The Emerald Palate does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information, make any purchases, use any of the interactive or public comment features on this website.
Information Collected About You
The Emerald Palate collects several types of information from and about users of this website, including personally identifiable information, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); and/or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access this website and usage details.
How Your Information Is Collected
You give The Emerald Palate permission to store and use the information you provide through comments, forms, email signups, surveys, contest entries, email or social media correspondence, and other registrations on the website.
Information about you may also be collected automatically as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, equipment used, browsing patterns, traffic data, location data, logs, communication data, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
The information collected automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, that can be maintained or associated with personal information collected in other ways or received from third parties. This improve the website and allows The Emerald Palate to deliver a better and more personalized service, including storing information about your preferences, customizing the website according to your individual interests and recognizing you when you return to this website.
The technologies used for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of this website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on this Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of this website and The Emerald Palate e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit The Emerald Palate, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The Emerald Palate does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How Your Information Is Used
The Emerald Palate uses information collected about you or that you provide, including any personal information:
- To present this website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To remind you while you’re on other websites about the content you saw in the past on http://www.emeraldpalate.com (also referred to as “remarketing”)
- To carry out obligations and enforce The Emerald Palate’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and The Emerald Palate, including for billing and collection.
- T notify you about changes to this wbsite or any products or services offered or provided though it
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on this website
- To contact you about The Emerald Palate’s and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you
- In any other way described when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
The Emerald Palate may use the information collected from you to display advertisements to advertisers’ target audiences. Even though The Emerald Palate des not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
The Emerald Palate may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Your personal information my also be disclosed in the case of:
- Transfer to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Emerald Palate’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Emerald Palate about this website’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If The Emerald Palate believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Emeradl Palate, LLC, its customers, or others.
Changes to the Terms of Services
The Emerald Palate reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to supplement or modify these Terms of Service at any time without notice. Any such supplement or modification will become effective when it is posted on the website. Your continued use of the website after any supplements or modifications to these Terms of Service are posted will be considered acceptance thereof.
Compliance with Local Laws
This website is controlled and administered in the United States and its contents are intended to comply with applicable laws and regulations in the United States. Although the information on this website is accessible to users outside of the United States, The Emerald Palate makes no representation that the content of this website complies with laws and regulations of any jurisdiction outside of the United States or that such content is appropriate or available for use in any such jurisdiction. If you choose to access this site from locations outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws and regulations. You may not use or export any of the information on this website in violation of US export laws and regulations.
Integration and Severability
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms and Service and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY THE EMERALD PALATE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE EMERALD PALATE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE EMERALD PALATE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CURRENT, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT, THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, OR THAT THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington. Any dispute arising from these terms shall be resolved exclusively in the state and federal courts in Seattle, Washington.